Patient age in years for each procedure, returned as a continuous variable. Ages less than 2 yo are returned including one decimal place to reflect fractions of year when appropriate.
Maximum returned age is 90 as defined by PHI regulations.
Data quality is limited to individual site documentation accuracy, completeness, and variable mapping, which is performed by each site, independently.
MPOG, as the coordinating center, reviews data quality at each data upload and monthly via Data Diagnostics and Case Validation tools. This review,
while thorough, may not contain all data elements relevant to this phenotype and thus should be carefully reviewed by the user.
This phenotype returns the patient's age from the dedicated column in the cases file. The phenotype makes the following adjustments before returning a value:
- If the patient age was documented in anythign other than years:
- If the patient's age is in weeks: Divides the age by 52 to get the age in years
- If the age was documented in months: Divides the age by 12 to get age in years
- The maximum age returned in years is 90 as defined by PHI regulations
- For patients <2 years, the age will be returned as a decimal number (eg 16 months = 1.33 years old)
- For patients >2 years, the age will return as a whole number
- If age in years <0, then NULL is returned