This phenotype relies on three internal phenotypes: General Anesthesia Notes Present (GeneralNotes), Volatile Gases (VolatileGasesUsed), and Paralytics (ParalyticsUsed).
- General Anesthesia Notes Present = includes General - unknown, LMA, ETT and both ETT and LMA notes
- Halogenated Gases Used = includes General - inhaled anesthetic only
- Volatile Gases documented between 'Anesthesia Start' and 'Anesthesia End' only will be considered by this phenotype
- Paralytics Used All = includes General - neuromuscular blockers only
- Paralytics adminstered from 60 minutes before 'Anesthesia Start' through 'Anestheisa End' only will be considered by this phenotype
Airway notes documented between 24 hours before 'Anesthesia Start' through 'Anesthesia End' are considered. Observed time take priority over entered time. If no observed time is available, entered time is considered
IMPORTANT: 'ETT' result takes precedence over all other results except 'ETT and LMA'
Here is the hierarchical order of return for this phenotype:
General - Both ETT and LMA: ETT and LMA notes both exist
General - ETT: ETT note with any other inhaled anesthetic, neuromuscular blocker or general unknown note
General - LMA: LMA note exists, without any ETT notes
General - inhaled anesthetic only: inhaled anesthetic documented without any ETT or LMA notes
General - neuromusclar blocker only: Paralytic administered without inhaled anesthetic, ETT or LMA note.
General - unknown: Note from General - Unknown Concept Subset* without ETT, LMA, paralytic or inhaled anesthetic notes.
No : No general notes, sedative medications, inhaled anesthetics or paralytics associated with the case.
Invalid Value: Cases missing either 'Anesthesia Start' or 'Anesthesia End'
*General - Unknown Concept Subset:
- 50099 Intubation - Nasal approach note
- 50100 Intubation - Videolaryngoscopy View
- 50115 Intubation Laryngoscopy Blade Type and Size
- 50116 Intubation Laryngocsopy Cricoid Pressure or BURP Applied
- 50117 Intubation - ETT Placed
- 50118 Intubation Number of Attempts
- 50119 Intubation Direct Laryngoscopy View
- 50120 Intubation Bougie Introducer Used
- 50127 Intubation Extubated Awake or Deep
- 50129 Intubation Fiberoptic Asleep or Awake
- 50130 Intubation Fiberoptic Nasal or Oral
- 50131 Intubation Fiberoptic Topicalization Type
- 50132 Intubation Fiberoptic Transtracheal block
- 50133 Intubation Fiberoptic Number of Attempts
- 50134 Intubation Fiberoptic Existing Airway Device
- 50160 ECMO Start
- 50187 ECMO Stop
- 50197 Intubation - atraumatic
- 50202 Emergence - patient extubated
- 50207 Intubation device and adjunct note
- 50208 Intubation view note
- 50311 Induction - GA Induction type (mask, iv, rapid)
- 50334 Intubation - cricoid pressure applied
- 50653 Intubation - Retrograde technique
- 50669 Airway - Cuff inflation volume
- 50670 Intubation - performed awake
- 50688 Intubation - comment
- 50695 Categorized note - Intubation