Used to determine if an anesthesia case meets the minimum requirements to be considered valid
The criteria of this phenotype are broad and may not exclude all invalid cases.
Data quality is limited to individual site documentation accuracy, completeness, and variable mapping, which is performed by each site, independently.
MPOG, as the coordinating center, reviews data quality at each data upload and monthly via Data Diagnostics and Case Validation tools. This review,
while thorough, may not contain all data elements relevant to this phenotype and thus should be carefully reviewed by the user.
For a case to be considered 'valid', it must meet all of the following criteria:
- Case must have an anesthesia start date/time as determined by the MPOG Anesthesia Start phenotype
- Case must have anesthesia end date/time as determined by the MPOG Anesthesia End phenotype
- Anesthesia end date/time must be after anesthesia start date/time
- Case must have any of the below criterial
- Case must not have the exact procedure text:
- "Difficult IV placement"
- "PIV placement"
- "Difficult [PHI] Placement"
- "Difficult [PHI] Access"
- "Difficult [PHI]"
- Only the procedure text: "IV"
- Begining witht the procedure text: PIV