This phenotype creates a list of notes based on keywords found in the values associated with variables mapped to specific MPOG concepts. Those notes are then collation mapped at the MPOG Coordinating Center using predictive analytics and then validated by an MPOG internal reviewer. The list of notes for mapping is created using the following steps:
- The collation adds raw text values for variables mapped to MPOG concept 70102 Misc - Motion Sickness
- Next, the collation adds raw text values for any unmapped variables that include the keyword 'motion sick'
- Then, the collation adds raw text values for variables mapped to any of the following concepts that include the keyword 'motion sick':
- 70080 General – Previous Anesthetic Problem
- 70225 Assessment and Plan – Comments
- 70263 Physical Exam - Other Comments
- 70302 Assessment and Plan - Anesthetic Consideration
- 70338 General - PONV Risk Factors
- 70413 General - Past Medical History (not categorized)
If the case has multiple values assigned for a single case, the following logic will be applied to determine a single value for the case:
- If History of Motion Sickness (1) is included, assign 1: History of motion sickness.
- If No history of Motion Sickness (0) is included without 1, assign 0: No History of Motion Sickness.
- If Invalid (-998) is included without 0 or 1, assign -998: Invalid.
- Else, assign -999 Missing or Unknown