This phenotype is used to determine the time when the patient arrived in the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU).
Accuracy of this phenotype is dependent on accuracy of EHR documentation and limited by criteria available on a given case.
Data quality is limited to individual site documentation accuracy, completeness, and variable mapping, which is performed by each site, independently.
MPOG, as the coordinating center, reviews data quality at each data upload and monthly via Data Diagnostics and Case Validation tools. This review,
while thorough, may not contain all data elements relevant to this phenotype and thus should be carefully reviewed by the user.
PACU Start Time is determined by returning the timestamp of the following criteria. This phenotype only considers the criteria if within 24 hours after Anesthesia End:
- 50010 Recovery Room In Date/Time. If not available then,
- 50066 Phase I Recovery Room In Date/Time. If not available then,
- 50067 Phase II Recovery Room In Date/Time. If not available then,
- 50008 Patient out of Room. If not available then,
- 50379 Data Capture End. If not available then,
- 50009 Anesthesia End.