This phenotype is used to determine the preoperative holding start time.
This phenotype is limited to the availability of the specified MPOG concepts on a given case, Preop start time is an estimate of when the patient arrived to preoperative holding and may not be exact depending on documentation. The maximum time returned is 4 hours before anesthesia start due to limitations of the extract timeframe. Standard extract for the data is set to 4 hours pre-anesthesia start which is why this time was selected, cases may have data outside of these ranges.
Data quality is limited to individual site documentation accuracy, completeness, and variable mapping, which is performed by each site, independently.
MPOG, as the coordinating center, reviews data quality at each data upload and monthly via Data Diagnostics and Case Validation tools. This review,
while thorough, may not contain all data elements relevant to this phenotype and thus should be carefully reviewed by the user.
Preop start time is determined by returning the timestamp of the following criteria based on algorithm order. Only consider criteria within 24 hours before 50002 AACD Anesthesia Start Date/Time
- 50012 AACD Patient Available Date/Time (Preop Start)
- If documented >4 hours before anesthesia start, then return time ‘anesthesia start – 4 hours’
- The earliest of these times (if documented before 50002 AACD Anesthesia Start Date/Time):
- The last charted ‘50304 Compliance - Patient identified using ID Band’ before Anesthesia Start if within 4 hours before anesthesia start
- First sign-in time for 6008 Staff Level - Preop Nurse, if within 4 hours before anesthesia start
- The last charted 50016 AACD Patient in Facility Date/Time if within 60 minutes before 50002 AACD Anesthesia Start Date/Time
- If none of the above available, then 60 minutes before 50002 AACD Anesthesia Start Date/Time