This phenotype determines the anesthesia attending and other non-attending anesthesia providers who were signed in for the longest duration of a case.
Limited to proper sign in documentation. Fellow sign ins are handled differently at individual sites. Many sites will not document the level of resident - please see the logic section of this document.
Data quality is limited to individual site documentation accuracy, completeness, and variable mapping, which is performed by each site, independently.
MPOG, as the coordinating center, reviews data quality at each data upload and monthly via Data Diagnostics and Case Validation tools. This review,
while thorough, may not contain all data elements relevant to this phenotype and thus should be carefully reviewed by the user.
This phenotype returns the attending anesthesiologist and non-attending anesthesia providers who were signed into a case for the longest duration between the following times:
- Patient In Room. If not available, then
- Induction End. If not available, then
- Anesthesia Start
- Patient out of room. If not available, then
- Anesthesia End
Staff MPOG Concept IDs
- 6000 Staff Level - Anesthesia Attending
- 6001 Staff Level - Anesthesia Resident CA1
- 6002 Staff Level - Anesthesia Resident CA2
- 6003 Staff Level - Anesthesia Resident CA3
- 6004 Staff Level - Anesthesia Resident - Unspecified Year
- 6005 Staff Level - Anesthesia CRNA
- 6010 Staff Level - Anesthesia Assistant
- 6013 Staff Level - Anesthesia Technician
- 6014 Staff Level - Anesthesia Fellow