This phenotype is used for perioperative ASPIRE Measures to standardize how staff sign-ins are used for the measures. This phenotype can be used for measures that extend to the preop and PACU time periods. This phenotype cleans staff sign in times that are outside of the expected range of times and adjusts them to an appropriate timeframe for the case.
Data quality is limited to individual site documentation accuracy, completeness, and variable mapping, which is performed by each site, independently.
MPOG, as the coordinating center, reviews data quality at each data upload and monthly via Data Diagnostics and Case Validation tools. This review,
while thorough, may not contain all data elements relevant to this phenotype and thus should be carefully reviewed by the user.
- Determine the fallback times if there is something wrong with a sign-in/out time. For this phenotype, the fallback times are determined using the PreopStart and PACUEnd phenotypes.
- For each anesthesia provider (as determined by the MeasureStartingList collation), return all documented sign-in/out times. However, the fallback start/end times ('Preop Start' and 'PACU End') are used in the following instances
- Sign in is later than sign out
- The total sign-in period is greater than 96 hours
- Either sign-in or sign-out is blank
- The sign-in/out time is before 1995 or in the future
- In addition, a sign in/out for the case itself is returned to enable attribution for case-level reporting. This uses the fallback times ('Preop Start' and 'PACU End').